COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (KDVR) – The Commerce City Police Department is issuing a stark warning after five people were found dead in an apartment on Sunday afternoon.
“No drug is safe at this time,” said Adams County District Attorney Brian Mason.
Police said the victims were found inside the apartment around 3:45 p.m. in the 14400 block of East 104th Avenue.
Here are five things we know about the investigation so far:
- Five adults were found dead inside the apartment
- A 4-month-old baby and an adult woman were found alive, both expected to survive
- Preliminary investigation suggests victims thought they were on a drug and it was actually something else that could have been mixed with fentanyl
- Firefighters tested the apartment area to rule out dangerous gases as the cause
- Substances were found inside the apartment and investigators are still working to determine what these substances are
Chief Clint Nichols of the Commerce City Police Department said that if drugs were the cause of death, “they were really bad, no one was able to get to a phone and call 911 – it happened quickly.”
Suggest a fix