Here are the committee and board meetings posted for this week as well as my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise specified, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public. *
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to occur throughout the week. For an up-to-date list of meetings, visit city ââwebsite.
Monday, January 3, 2022
- Southborough School Committee – Operational Budget Sub-Committee Meeting, 4:00 p.m. (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: Discussion of the recommended budget for fiscal year 23 (Click here to register for the webinar)
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
- Board of Health meeting, 12:00 (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: City mask view; Extend clerk contracts for the daily allowance for COVID vaccination clinics; Logistics of municipal meetings and safety protocols; Potential municipal supply for COVID-19 antigen testing; Housing and food inspections; Revisions to job descriptions; Draft annual report; Grant from the MetroWest Health Foundation; Covid cases and vaccination clinics
- N / S Regional School Committee – Policy Development Sub-Committee Meeting, 4:00 p.m. (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: Face covering policy review; Discussion of the flexible masking policy with the medical advisory team (Click here to register for the webinar)
- Board meeting, 6.30 p.m. (agenda and material) Highlights of the agenda: Date and logistics of the municipal meeting; Review of municipal technology committee regulations; Operating budget FY23; Appointment of a Senior IT Specialist and Special Counsel for Bankruptcy Services; Acceptance of the Complete Streets Grant Award for the Newton St sidewalk and CSX crossing; Discuss the allocation of excess tax title plots; Draft policy for registrars; Close the mandate for the city’s annual meeting; Sensitization to companies by EDC / BOS; Discuss the proposed new Amazon site in Westborough
- Board of Health meeting, 6.30 p.m. (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: Joint discussion with the Board of Selectmen regarding logistics and security protocols for the city’s annual meeting in March 2022
Wednesday 5 January 2022
- Meeting of the trails committee, 6.30 p.m. (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: Updates on Trails Committee Bylaw Status, Water Connector Permit, Peninsula Trail DCR Public Access Plan, and MWRA Permit Status; Planning of MassTrails grants; Trail along the open channel off Ward Road, site visit with MWRA and Marlborough
- Advisory committee meeting, 7:30 p.m. (agenda) Highlights of the agenda: Discuss fiscal year 23 budgeting, including proposed budgets for Youth and Family Services and the Department of Public Works
Below are meetings from last week that I did not notify readers of. (since I took free time with my family most of the week):
Tuesday, December 28, 2021
- Board of Health meeting (agenda, video) Highlights of the agenda: Search for potential position (s) to be added to the SAP (Salary Administration Plan) for fiscal year 23, including the public health nurse and the director of public health; Revisions to job descriptions; Report of the city meeting to increase funding for the Ministry of Health
- Meeting of the municipal technology committee (agenda, video) Highlights of the agenda: Diversity of providers / paths for two Internet connections; MTC process, workflow, discussion; Next Steps for the Resident Survey
* The City intends to hold each of its public meetings remotely available for viewing/ Listening via live (and recorded) video and audio streaming on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.