Lake City City Administrator, Ex-Cop Pleads Not Guilty to Misconduct, Perjury | News, Sports, Jobs

LAKE CITY — Two of three defendants charged with criminal misconduct in office and perjury in Lake City have pleaded not guilty to their charges.

On Friday, Lake City City Administrator Eric Wood and former Lake City Police Officer Anthony Snyder entered written pleas of not guilty in Calhoun County District Court.

Wood, 57, of Lake City, was arrested Sept. 21. He is accused of:

• Criminal misconduct in the office

• Prevent arrest or hinder prosecution

• Two counts of suborning perjury

• Two counts of perjury

On September 21, Snyder and another former Lake City police officer, Aaron Alspach, were also arrested.

Snyder, 45, of Des Moines, and Alspach, were each charged with criminal misconduct in office and perjury.

Exact details surrounding the alleged offenses have not been released. According to trial information filed by Assistant State Attorneys General Thomas E. Bakke and Tyler J. Buller, Alspach, Snyder and Wood fabricated or gave a false certificate or falsified a public record or forged a writing knowing that it would become a public record of a government agency.

The lawyers wrote that Wood prevented the arrest or hindered the prosecution of Alspach and Snyder by “knowingly destroying, altering, concealing or disguising physical evidence”. They also wrote that Wood bribed Snyder and Alspach to commit perjury.

The trio’s arraignments were originally scheduled for Monday morning, but Snyder and Wood filed their written pleas on Friday. Alspach requested and obtained an extension until October 17.

The jury trial for the Wood and Snyder charges is scheduled for Nov. 29.

The three defendants were released from prison. Wood posted $20,000 bond and Alspach and Snyder each posted $10,000 bond.

As of Friday, Wood was still listed as a city administrator on the city’s website.

Today’s breaking news and more to your inbox

Previous Met Police confirm chest strapping is not child abuse
Next Ipswich Town 3-2 Portsmouth - BBC Sport