Most municipalities in MKE County are using software that malfunctioned during the Waukesha fire


Waukesha first responders said a glitch in their dispatch software system delayed firefighters at the scene of a fatal blaze this week. The fire occurred early Tuesday morning in a building on Lambeth Road and Oakdale Drive. Kevin McQuade, 50, died of burns sustained in the fire on Tuesday. His wife, Kim McQuade, died Wednesday from burns. Another woman continues to fight for her life after suffering severe burns. Two other people sustained non-life-threatening injuries while jumping from second-story windows. On Wednesday, the Waukesha Police Chief said crews were delayed about five minutes in their response time due to a software malfunction in their dispatch system. The software system alerted the police to the fire, but did not alert the fire department. The police manually telephoned the fire department. A police department spokesperson said they had been using software called Pro Phoenix since 2007. The spokesperson said they were researching new software when the fire occurred. “Any delay is not acceptable and that’s why we’re going to make an effort to work together as a team to find out why this happened,” Waukesha Fire Department Chief Steve Howard said. The Milwaukee Fire Department told WISN 12 News, with the exception of the City of Milwaukee, every municipality in Milwaukee County also uses the same software. On Wednesday, WISN 12 News spoke with Arleen Sanchez who survived the fire. Sanchez lived on the lower level. She said she remembered the sounds of fire and the screams of her neighbor across the hall, trying to reach her trapped girlfriend. “We tried to see if we could open the door, if we could both try to open it or break it, but we just couldn’t get the doors to move,” Sanchez said. “Unfortunately, when he was able to get in and drag her out, she was already burned through her stomach, legs, arms and he burned her stomach and arms trying to grab her.” grandson and their cats out of his apartment unharmed. They lost all their possessions and their pet fish in the fire. A GoFundMe has been launched to help the Sanchez family. The McQuades’ family members declined to comment. Friends of the badly burned woman also did not comment.

Waukesha first responders said a glitch in their dispatch software system delayed firefighters at the scene of a fatal blaze this week.

The fire occurred early Tuesday morning in a building on Lambeth Road and Oakdale Drive.

Kevin McQuade, 50, died of burns sustained in the fire on Tuesday. His wife, Kim McQuade, died Wednesday from burns.

Another woman continues to fight for her life after suffering severe burns.

Two other people sustained non-life-threatening injuries while jumping from second-story windows.

On Wednesday, the Waukesha Police Chief said crews were delayed about five minutes in their response time due to a software malfunction in their dispatch system.

The software system alerted the police to the fire, but did not alert the fire department. The police manually telephoned the fire department.

A police department spokesperson said they had been using software called Pro Phoenix since 2007. The spokesperson said they were researching new software when the fire occurred.

“Any delay is not acceptable and that’s why we’re going to make an effort to work together as a team to find out why this happened,” Waukesha Fire Department Chief Steve Howard said.

The Milwaukee Fire Department told WISN 12 News, with the exception of the City of Milwaukee, every municipality in Milwaukee County also uses the same software.

On Wednesday, WISN 12 News spoke with Arleen Sanchez who survived the fire. Sanchez lived on the lower level. She said she remembered the sounds of fire and the screams of her neighbor across the hall, trying to reach her trapped girlfriend.

“We tried to see if we could open the door, if we could both try to open it or break it, but we just couldn’t get the doors to move,” Sanchez said. “Unfortunately, when he was able to get in and drag her out, she was already burned through her stomach, legs, arms and he burned her stomach and arms trying to grab her.”

Sanchez got herself, her daughter, her grandson and their cats out of her apartment unharmed. They lost all their possessions and their pet fish in the fire.

A GoFundMe has been launched to help the Sanchez family.

The McQuades’ family members declined to comment. Friends of the badly burned woman also did not comment.

Previous The post of secretary of the town hall of Orange will remain elective
Next METROPOLITAN BANK HOLDING CORP. Management's Report on Financial Condition and Results of Operations (Form 10-K)