TAKE NOTE that council for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the council chambers of the Jubilee Center located on the 1st floor of 9909 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray, Alberta, regarding the following matter:
Order No. 22/009 – Amendment of Order No. 99/059 on land use regarding overnight child care
Read the Council’s report
By-law No. 22/009 proposes to amend Land Use By-law No. 99/059 to update the definition of child care facility to remove the restriction of overnight accommodation and add general regulations to help ensure the responsible implementation of overnight childcare services in the region. The administration supports the proposed amendment as it aligns with provincial legislation and is consistent with municipal development plan policies to meet community needs and implement workforce retention initiatives. work.
A copy of all related documents may be viewed between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, by contacting:
- Department of Planning and Development (309 Powder Drive, Timberlea Landing); Where
- Legislative Services (7th Floor, Jubilee Centre, Fort McMurray)
– Viewing on the Municipality‘s website at www.rmwb.ca/audiences.
Participation in the public hearing:
- If you wish to appear in person before the Commission at the public hearing:
‐ You can register with Legislative Services before 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 22, 2022, or before the start of the public hearing in council chambers:
‐ Your entry must include your full name, organization name (if required), address, phone number, email address and clearly state your support or opposition to the settlement.
- If you wish to submit a brief for consideration by the Commission at the public hearing:
– You to have to submit any written material to the Chief Legislative Director before 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
– Your submission must include your full name, organization name (if applicable), address, phone number, email address and clearly state your support or opposition to the settlement.
– It is at the discretion of the Council to accept submissions from those who have not submitted an application by the deadline indicated above. Subject to Council’s consent to speak at the public hearing, anyone who also wishes to distribute written material at the time of their presentation must bring 15 copies of their material for distribution.
We strive to organize inclusive and accessible events that allow everyone to fully engage. If you require accommodation to participate, please include details in your application form. Advance notice is required as some accommodations may take time to arrange.
Please note that written submissions are considered public documents, all information and documents you submit to the Board for consideration at the public hearing are added in full to the agenda, which is made available available to the public and posted on the Municipality’s website. Verbal submissions will have a maximum of 5 minutes to address the Board. All submissions to the public hearing must be received before or during the public hearing. No submissions can be made after the conclusion of the public hearing.
DATED at Fort McMurray, Alberta this 9e June day 2022.
Jade Brown, Chief Legislative Officer, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
9909 Franklin Ave, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2K4
Phone: (780) 743-7001
Fax: (780) 743-7028
Email: [email protected]